Anti-West Thought and Feeling in Urdu Novel (A Special Study of Deputy Nazir Ahmad and Prem Chand
After the political domination of the subcontinent, the British decided to enslave the Indians, especially the Muslims, mentally, culturally, educationally and religiously. This neo-demographic system changed the characteristics of the Indian society and the quality of life. The British made the Indians the target of their conspiracies and machinations, which increased the anti-Western feelings and sentiments. Along with other spheres of life, it had an impact on literature and writers so Deputy Nazir Ahmed and Param Chand also expressed anti-Western sentiments in their Urdu novels. In this article, a research review of the anti-west thought and feeling in the Urdu novels of these writers has been presented.
References in Roman Script:
- Nasir Abbas Nair, Ma-Bad Noabadiyat,Hadood aur Imtiazat ,Mashmola:Ma-Bad Noabadiyat (Urdu Kau Tanazur Mien), Karachi: Oxford University Press, Ishat-e-Awal, 2013, p.6.
- Mirza Asadullah Khan Ghalib,Diwan-i GhalibKa Hal(Tareekhi Tarteeb Kay Saath), Karachi: Anjuman Tarraqi Urdu, 1999, p. 326
- Deputy Nazir Ahmad, Ibn-ul-Waqt,Muratab: Sabat Hasan, Lahore: Majlis-e-Tarraqi Adab, S. N, p. 129
- Deputy Nazir Ahmad, Ibn-ul-Waqt, p. 134
- Deputy Nazir Ahmad, Ibn-ul-Waqt, p. 138
- Deputy Nazir Ahmad, Ibn-ul-Waqt, p. 139
- Moinuddin Aqeel,Tahreek Azadi Mien Urdu Ka Hisa, Lahore: Majlis-e-Tarraqi Adab, S. N, p. 407
- Deputy Nazir Ahmad, Ibn-ul-Waqt, Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Urdu Academy, 983, p. 173.
9 . Vivi Kanda:The Complete works vol:VIII,Indian Philosophy in Modern Times ,1984,P.234,235
- Prem Chand, Jalwa Isar, Mashmola: Prem Chand Collection, Lahore: Sang-e-Meel Publications, 2003, p. 6
- Ibid, p. 39
- Premchand, Chogan-e Hasti, Mashmola: Collection Premchand, also, p. 67
- Premchand, Chaugan Hasti, p. 368
- Premchand, Chaugan Hasti, p. 380
- Premchand, Chogan Hasti, p.381
- Premchand, Chaugan Hasti, p. 385
- Premchand, Manwar, Mashmola: Majmoa Prem Chand, Ibid, p. 479
- Premchand, Gaudana, Mashmola: Majmoa Prem Chand, Ibid, p. 51
- Prem Chand, Mashmola: Majmoa Prem Chand, Ibid, p. 510