Information For Authors
- First Submit a SOFT Copy of the Manuscript for DESK EDITING.
- The Desk Editors Will Filter the script through ‘Author-Guidelines’ (given below). The journal will make all out efforts to get the script ready for further processing by foreign and local reviewers however if it needs professional treatment by the author, the script will be returned to the author calling for his/her help.
- It is believed that the script has not been submitted anywhere else for review and publication.
STRUCTURE & FORMAT
Manuscripts should be written in clear, concise and grammatically correct language and formatted according to the ‘Requirements’ of APA (American Psychological Association) Editorial style (approved by HEC). APA suggests font=Times New Roman; font-size=12; Line-spacing=1.5; Margins=1 Inch – all sides. There must be 8-12 pages of a paper.
The title page should include an informative title, author’s name, and complete mailing address including Postal & ‘Online – email, Telephone & Fax No. (First author will be taken for correspondence).
The abstract includes a brief summary of the problem, research design, major findings and conclusions (max: 1000 Characters or 200 Words).
The text should be divided into sections with the following headings:
- Introduction: This section provides sufficient background information to set the context of the issue with clear mention of objectives behind the research.
- Research Design (social sciences) or Materials & Methods (natural sciences): Concise but with sufficient detail to allow the replication of methodology.
- Findings/Results: Present them in a logical sequence through paragraphs, tables & figures but avoiding repetition. The tables, figures etc., must be placed at where used and not as annexures.
- Discussions: Interpret the results and relate them with the existing knowledge relating to the methods and results of the respective area of research.
- Conclusions: A short but pointed evaluation of the research activity and findings.
The journal follows the APA Editorial Style therefore; the referencing will be done as:
- The ‘Embedded’ references (within text): (2ndName of the Author, Year) (in case of Book, page no will follow the year – Year:324)
- (Author, 2016) Single-Author
- (Author1 & Author2, 2014) Double-Authors
- (Author et al., 2015) More than Two Authors (Note. All the authors will be mentioned when reference is made for the first time)
- References are those sources which are USED within text. They will be placed at the end the manuscript in alphabetical order and formatted as follows:
- Qureshi, Q.A., Ahmad, I., & Nawaz, A. (2012). Readiness for eHealth in the developing countries like Pakistan. Gomal Journal of Medical Sciences, 10(1):160-163.
- Noor, A.A.Memon, A.G. &Sherwani, S.K. (2012). Dose response curve of plants extracts against the human pathogens. Gomal University Journal of Research, 27(2):1-17.
- Zubair, M., Gilani, I.S. & Nawaz, A. (2012). From Habermas Model to New Public Sphere: A Paradigm Shift. Global Journal of Human Social Science,12(5):42-52.
- Yin, R. (1994). Case study research: Design and methods (2nd ed.). Beverly Hills, CA: Sage Publishing.
- Kothari, CR (1986). Quantitative Techniques. VIKAS Publishing House, New Delhi.
- Lyon, R.A. &Titeler, M. (1989). Pharmacology and biochemistry of the 5-HT2 receptor. In: Sanders-Bush, E. (ed). The Serotonin Receptors. Clifton, NJ: Humana Press: pp. 59-88.
- Sattar, A. (2011). Job satisfaction of District Executive Officers in KPK. (PhD Thesis). Department of Public Administration, Gomal University, Dera Ismail Khan, KPK, Pakistan.
- Healthy People 2011, Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Retrieved on Dec 5, 2012 from: http://health.gov/healthypeople.
Tables and Figures
- Tables and Figures should be placed within text wherever they are used, mentioned or discussed.